Friday, December 5, 2014

Introductory Post

Welcome!

A little summary about me and why I'm doing this:

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness. I faded in 2007, but was never disfellowshipped, disassociated, or anything. In 2009, I got married. I am now separated and in the process of a divorce. I also used to have a blog of the same name that got deleted. I've decided to start it up again because life has kind of started to kick the shit out of me again a bit and I've been learning a hell of a lot more than I ever thought I would as an ex-Witness. I feel like this has granted me some wisdom already and will likely continue to do so.

My focus is going to be more about adjusting to a post-JW life and not so much about JW doctrines, practices, etc. There are a lot of situations, I'm finding out, that being raised as a JW kind of retards you on. This lack of experience and "street smarts" can get us into trouble, so maybe by talking about it I may be able to avoid some of the pitfalls or at the very least help others avoid the ones I already have.

So again, welcome. I promise I'll work on updating the theme at some point, but for now I'm just going to be content-focused. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment